For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (can substitute for oil of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 medium potato, peeled, diced and set aside in a bowl with water so as not to go brown
- 1 handful green beans, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Beef Bowl Stew Directions
- Cut beef stew meat into bite sized chunks.
- Please flour in a bowl and dredge stew beef chunks to coat. Shake off any excess flour. As an alternative you can place flour into a zip/freezer bag and add the beef chunks and shake to coat. This method is easier and less messy :-)
- Melt coconut oil in a dutch oven (that has a lid) and let heat to medium high.
- When oil is hot, add stew meat and cook, at medium temperature, stirring occasionally and browning meat on all sides .. approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly add the beef broth, stirring and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan as you go.
- Add tomato paste and stir again.
- Bring pot to a boil and then turn down to low and cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the veggies and cover pot. Cook about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure stew does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Cook until veggies are cooked through.
- Note: If you find that the stew is not as thick as you want, you can remove the lid for the last little bit of cooking. Likewise, if it is too thick you can add little more beef broth