For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 large Sweet Potato (You can sub 3/4 -1 cup canned sweet potato puree)
- 1 small-medium Apple
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1 small Egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cups Oats
- flour for dusting
Sweet Potato & Apple Dog Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Bake or boil sweet potato until soft and cooked through. Peel and mash/puree.Set aside to cool.
- Core, peel and finely dice apple.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the sweet potato , applesauce, finely diced apple and egg. Mix well.
- Add the whole wheat flour and oats and mix until combined.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and knead the dough until it comes together well.
- Roll out dough into into 1/4 inch thickness (using more flour if necessary and dusting your cookie cutters in the flour so the dough does not stick ) and use cookie cutters in any shape you wish and cut out cookies.
- Transfer to prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until they are dried and crisp. The length of time the cookies will take depends on the size of the cookies you make. Let cool completely as they will air dry a little more as they sit.
- Store in a cool and dry place, in an air-tight container.