This is an easy to make, and inexpensive, recipe that your dog will love. For a change, substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. If so doing, make white rice with low sodium chicken broth instead of the beef broth.
For 1 Serving(s)
- 3 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 sweet potato, crunchy baked, cooled, chopped with skin on
- 1 lb frozen, chopped cauliflower
- 12 oz frozen peas and carrots
Homemade ground beef dog food Directions
- Fry ground beef. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- While that is cooling, cook rice per package directions.
- Cut a slit in one side of the sweet potato and microwave with skin on until almost done (should be a bit crunchy-NOT mushy). Cool then chop into bite sized pieces.
- In large microwave-safe bowl mix peas & carrots, dried cranberries and cauliflower and add 1 cup water. Microwave 10 minutes or until completely thawed and cooked through.
- Core apples and remove seeds. Chop into small bite sized pieced with skin on. If using fresh apples or blueberries, do not microwave.
- Drain water from microwaved vegetables.
- Pour cooled cooked beef, cooled rice, microwaved vegetables/fruits and/or fresh fruits, sweet potato into large mixing bowl or pot and combine all ingredients.
- Portion out individual servings enough for 5-7 days. Freeze the rest for up to 1 month.